Friday, May 8, 2009

Tom Walsh Takes Senate Exploratory Committee Message to Panhandle Leadership

NAPLES, FL – In a marathon introductory 4 day swing through Florida’s Panhandle last week, Tom Walsh was on a mission to appraise his candidacy for the US Senate seat of Mel Martinez in 2010 as an integral part of his Senate Exploratory Committee. Tom’s goal in this and future swings through the State of Florida is to gauge the Republican sentiment in each country and to meet as many of the leading Republicans and their members in each region, as possible.

Mr. Walsh believes that the most important element for any potential candidate in gauging his candidacy is to truly understand what the constituencies believe is important to this State and how best to represent those voters in the Senate.

“When I’m traveling around, I’ll make as many stops as I can in the various counties.”, Walsh stated. “The Panhandle is an important region because of the strength of the Republican Party in this area. My home in Naples may be a long way geographically from Pensacola, but I found out we are very close when it comes to solid, conservative Republican principles and ideals. I intend to visit with the Republican leaders and community leaders and organizers in every county to determine what their goals for me would be, should I become the Republican nominee for the Senate seat. In future visits, I would enjoy the opportunity to meet with as many of the members as possible to lay out to them what I have heard their collective voice say and do my level best to represent this State in the manner Florida voters deserve. ”

Mr. Morgan Lamb, the Republican Executive Committee Chairman of Santa Rosa County states,
“I found Tom Walsh to be an exceptional person with a sincere personality. I especially liked his message and the fact that he has had successful past experience.”
Tom Walsh was a highly successful two-term Senator for the State of Ohio 30 years ago who has lived and worked as a Realtor and small business owner in Florida for the last 24 years. He has remained active with the Republican Party including co-founding the first Republican Men’s Club of Naples among other things.

Mr. Bob Jones, the Republican Executive Committee Chairman of Holmes County held a similar sentiment saying,
“Tom Walsh struck me as a very sincere individual and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with him.”

Tom Walsh will be on the road again in short order as he seeks to visit each region within the State as he compare notes on what he believes are important issues with the leaders and voters, and what they themselves feel are important issues we need to address in both our State and our Country.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tom,
    We are a Patriot group seeking True Conservative Candidattes to recommend, support and promote. I would like to learn more about your stands on a few issues. Importantly for the US stability is your stand on illegal immigration. What actions do you recommend for strong, secure borders and dealing with the 30 - 40 million illegal immigrants who are already here? I also did not read in the short items details of your views on the Constitution and on prolife issues.
    Thank you for running against Mel Martinez. I have read replies he has sent to his constituants and he has a limited understanding of the Constitution, thinking this is a Democracy, rather than a Republic.
    We also have a blogtalkradio (Internet) show on Tuesday evenings. If you would like to see where we stand on important issues please visit: http://thedavelevineshow.ning.com
    There is a group there called True Conservative Candidates where our views are expressed.
    Our sister network is Patriot's Heart Network.
    I hope to hear from you and possibly have you on the Show one Tuesday evening.
    Thank you again for your willingness to run for office and serve the citzens of Florida. God bless you!
    Yours, Janet AKA mamacooks

    ReplyDelete